Humans are born unique, though endowed with the same basic needs. Sexuality, reproduction, and sexual orientation are fundamental elements of human life and play prominent roles in the organization of human societies. Along with the moment, discussions about sexuality which was once considered as a taboo, is now becoming an important topic in explaining the social phenomenon that occurs in the community. But it still didn’t stop the prejudice and discrimination for whomever that display different expressions related to sexuality.
Academicians have made some major contributions on the efforts to enhance our understanding regarding sexuality, reproduction, and sexual orientation. Ignorance, taboos, and fear can obstruct efforts to study and understand their structural, cultural, and individual impact. From overpopulation to reproductive health, sexually transmitted diseases, teenage pregnancy, sexual abuse, assault and harassment, and sexual dysfunction that has successfully generate controversy through times, culture, policy, religion, intensified by our mass media, often play a hide and seek game with the truth and plot the individual as a perpetrator. Enlightenment, prevention, remedy, and understanding of these complex domains, and the conflicts, regulation, and interventions to which they have been subject to can only be done by interdisciplinary inquiry towards this issues.
SGRC is just in time to develop and support the research and understanding related to sexuality, without forgetting the approach and the welfare of its individual as a parameter. SGRC should be a precursor to the formation of a support group and resource center for research and development of information about sexuality, reproduction, and sexual orientation. Therefore come SGRC which not only aims to reveal the ambiguous facts in the community by providing related sources and information, but also providing support group to ensure the individual’s well being.
SGRC dreams of equal opportunities and justice for youth no matter gender identities and their sexual orientations. We strive to conduct discussions and focus on doing research related to gender and sexuality. To achieve our goals, we make a tiny steps. We recognized our strenght and treat as a youth organization. We are native digital and easily adapt to new technology and global issues.
- SGRC strives to provide a safe environment for the scholars and all members of the community to promote, educate, and develop programs related to sexuality, reproduction, and sexual orientation issues.
- Provides adequate educational infrastructure and facilities, sufficient information, advocacy services, and work together to create an open environment to support the scholars related sexuality, reproduction, and sexual orientation issues.
- Conducts and provides education, social services, supports, and resources to raise awareness of the problems that occur in the community related to the misconceptions about sexuality, reproduction and sexual orientation issues.
- Supports and invigorates research activities, specifically in the study of sexuality, reproduction, and sexual orientation and develop sexuality-related information center to support the library archives.
- Builds relationships with other organizations and communities in the development of individuals and communities as well as cooperating in the nation’s educational effort.